Somewhere Lost Who I Was

Thursday 13 March 2014

When I woke up this morning I recognized I lost myself in you. I realized I am not the person I thought I would be or that I wanted to be.

I questioned myself as to if I can't be myself with you then subsequently should I be with you? Could you be with someone who was not themselves? I have altered myself to be your ideal person; how long will this last because this that you see is not really me. Is this what you really want to see or need? You used to be attracted to a much different individual. What the reason that you are pushing for this imaginary person? Ultimately if I can't discover myself in the end, then who is it that you see? I really love you, however, primarily I must love me first. You need to recognize that you first loved and wanted this person originally you met. This individual that made you laugh. That person whom acted like themselves. You must recognize that I desire to get back to that individual I really am. Love does not equal someone that is a fantasy. There was a time when you looked at me for the person that would intrigue and entice you.

Quit searching outside at a world that is not real and then expecting your partner to be someone that you knew they never were from the start of your relationship. They are who they were and that's what attracted you to this individual.

I am in love with you because of who you are, please never change and never ask me to be someone that I'm not. Relationships can only be built on trueness and honesty. Everyone believes that in a romantic relationship, as the years go on many of us continue to make changes and adjustments as we mature, and sure we revolve around one another and will make changes for each other nevertheless we are still the same individual we started off as.

Therefore let's stick with what's real. You are you, allow me be me, you loved and adored me once and the moment I get back to me you'll love me even more.

The moral of the story is, when you love yourself primarily your partner will love you even more because they will discover the original individual they fell for. Never allow an individual to alter you, if you do, they just modified your soul. You are exactly who you are, therefore, love yourself first and truly believe others will love you too.

Veronica Allen-Anderson, I began writing poetry when I was 13 years of age and spent 25 plus years of exploration and putting to words my observations and passion for understanding people's most intimate emotions. I always try to bring clarity to what is often a complicated landscape involving the heart and the mind. We have a world of people out there hurting and confused. I am an Author and in my dozens of written articles I demystify the tough issues facing people in relationships and offer workable solutions. I help people just like you with relationship questions and issues. I hope my suggestions work for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment